It’s nearly August and we’re neck-deep in every nine-year-old’s favorite season, summertime. If you’re like most Americans, summer means picnics, barbecues, baseball games, lazing by the pool, and, yes, a family vacation.
But before you pack your bags and buy your plane tickets, you need to make sure you’re insured and legal. After all, nothing takes the fun out of vacation like sitting in court or at a consulate office, watching your precious vacation evaporate before your very eyes.
Travel within the United States is, by its nature, much simpler than traveling abroad. Sure, state laws vary, be they speed limits or sales taxes or what time the bars close, but most of us would agree that international travel is a much trickier proposition. What sort of laws are in place at your destination? What can you take care of before you leave? And why should you care about travel insurance in the first place?
For clarification, we turned to Dick Atkins. Dick is a world-renowned attorney whose expertise positively blew us away. He’s worked on countless cases, from mundane drug charges to the famous arrest of Billy Hayes, the latter of which turned into an Academy Award winning Oliver Stone movie back in 1978. Dick tells us some great stories and gives us some great advice on how to prepare for your next trip abroad. It’s one our favorite episodes ever and it could save you loads of hassle and thousands of dollars.
Take a listen:
(You can head to our Podcast home for the full show notes)
- Travel like a Pro! Five Legal Tips for Your Overseas Vacation (press.rocketlawyer.com)
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Lawsuits (legallyeasy.rocketlawyer.com)
- Is a Boss Responsible if an Employee Commits a Crime? Business Lessons from the News of the World Scandal (legallyeasy.rocketlawyer.com
- Are Americans Fed Up With the TSA? (legallyeasy.rocketlawyer.com)
- Why You Can Start a Business on the Moon (legallyeasy.rocketlawyer.com)